Achyranthes aspera (Amaranthaceae) is an important medicinal herb found as a weed throughout India. Though almost all of its parts are used in traditional systems of medicines, seeds, roots and shoots are the most important parts which are used medicinally.The present article gives an account of updated information on its phytochemical and pharmacological properties.
1. With anti-rheumatic, antibacterial, antispasmodic, astringent, antitussive,
2. Curing flatulence, wound scab, facilitate digestion, diuretic, pass through, phlegm, fever, or high blood pressure.
3. Disease prevention, promote pathological regression, sedation, stimulation,
4. Promoting perspiration, make up the body, de-worming, treatment trauma and other effects
1. Applied in Medicine and health products.
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field.